Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pool 3 West Ham 0 (Another morning, another well rested night)

I stopped watching our title rival's matches in the early 2000s.

Our main rival then was Arsenal and they had a knack of scoring late late winners. I remember staying up late at night and having about 80 odd minutes of fun watching the Gunners plodding around (and sometimes even bossing games) without scoring only to have them snatch victory right at the death. Going to sleep after that was hard. Waking up the next day was even harder.

Chelski then came in and had the same knack as well except Jose's powerful but uninspiring team was even harder on the eye.

I also find that sitting thru a match supporting a team you have no affinity, hoping that they beat your rival, rather tedious (especially if that particular team is just plain crap).

So I stopped watching.

That's not to say that I watch ManYoo games only, I still watch the big games, not only on the BPL, but across Europe as well. I still love my football. But I rather not waste my time watching our rivals just to see if they lose.

This season proved no different and I can't even count the times when I wake up, surf the net only to find that the damn scousers have just won again whilst I was asleep. So I thank god I didn't waste any of my sleep.

Guess this morning was no different....

No comments:

Post a Comment